Statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The safety of our employees, customers and suppliers is a priority.
In response to the elevated risks of the COVID-19 virus, White Oak Transport is monitoring the situation at a global and local level. We are following the guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). We have instituted the following procedures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Wash your hands frequently
Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain social distancing
Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Practice respiratory hygiene
Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 or your local public health unit if you’re experiencing symptoms of the 2019 novel coronavirus. To take a self assessement, go to Ontario.ca and type in 2019 Coronovirus in the search tab.
- Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider
Stay informed on the latest developments about COVID-19.
- If you have travelled outside of Canada, you are to self isolate yourself for 14 days, prior to returning to the office.